18 November 2011

the 9-5

here's my work day in a handful of photos:

this is the big hole on my street.
it's all good in the daylight, but can be scary at night.


this is the road to work. bumpy. soooo bumpy.


this is the beach / dump.


this is a burning car outside my office.


this is the office.



this is the cold chain where vaccines are kept.



this is Denise, the midwife that i work with.
she has a daughter nearly my age...
but you'd never know it!


this is the work gang.


this is the kangaroo care unit we are opening here.
everyone calls me mariama kangaroo as my guinean name.


this is a preemie baby kangaroo in our care.

this is the neighbourhood riff raff.


this is what happens each night when i wash conakry out of my hair...


this is monsanto in africa.

and that pretty much sums it up.
bumpy roads, lovely staff mates and special carrots.