28 May 2007

Packing up the Tin...

To the fine folks on the Tin of Change team...

If I were making a public toast, my glass would be raised and I'd be crying before I spoke my first word!

I have been knocked off my feet by the stream of generousity that has poured into this project from the hands of all you incredible people. I sincerely thank you for your generous donations, your stories of how the money manifested, your warm wishes of support and your trust in this initiative.

Not only is the Tin of Change bursting with funds, but the intentions that have brought your donations together are noble and sincere. The collective spirit that fuels your generousity has touched me profoundly, and along with the medical supplies we will donate, I hope to share this spirit with the women and families that you are supporting.

As donations continue to come in, I don't have a complete list of the medical supplies that we will be able to donate. Some of the funds will be taken to Uganda for the purchase of supplies once I am there, and the following items have already been purchased:

10 delivery kits with0 basins & wrap
10 suture kits with wrap
5 stethoscopes
5 sphygnomenometers (blood pressure cuffs)
1500 pairs non sterile gloves
300 pairs sterile gloves
IV 16 g 1 box 50
IV 18 g 3 box 50
IV butterfly 23 2 box 50
2 dopplers (ultrasound machines to interpret fetal heart rates)

Our donations will bring great change to those receiving midwifery care with these supplies!

As of today, the Tin of Change holds over $4800 (which sure surmounted my goal of $1000!), and let me tell you, it's been such a joy to expand my initial shopping list that consisted of just oxytocin and gloves!!

I hope to update the Tin of Change website while I'm in Uganda, so do check back!

Thank you Thank you Thank you

In humble service to y'all,
Anne-Marie